E-BIKE THE ALPS
Mountains have been flattened
Hop on your powerful e-bike and discover the heart of the Italian Alps. Charming hamlets, stunning views and a pristine nature perfectly combine for this unique cycling vacation. Off the bike treat yourself with refined thermal baths, savour hearty alpine delights and toast with the prestigious red wines of the region. An unforgettable adventure is about to start, join the ride!
- Breathtaking mountain views
- The charming village of Bormio
- Relax at elegant Roman baths
- The terraced vineyards of Valtellina
Eat and Drink
- Alpine delicacies. Bresaola, Sciatt, Pizzoccheri
- Local cheese. Bitto, Scimudin, Casera
- Prestigious red wines. Sfursat, Inferno, Sassella
AVG DISTANCE PER DAY
OUR FAVOURITE DAY
Day by day
01 Welcome to the Alps
Welcome to Bormio, our charming hometown in the heart of the Alps. Settle in your cozy hotel and put yourself at ease. When ready hit the road for the nice ride to Cancano Lakes: a spectacular and pristine glimpse of the Alps. Enjoy the after ride aperitivo and dinner at our favourite local restaurant. It’s just the beginning.
40km / 800m D+
02 Stelvio and Relax
Enjoy a copious breakfast and get ready to meet the King of the Alps: Passo dello Stelvio. Thankfully our powerful e-bikes are fully charged and we’ll cruise up the highest paved road in Italy reaching the impressive altitude of 2758m. After the ride swap your shoes for flip-flops and enjoy a relaxing afternoon in the elegant QC Terme Roman baths.
03 The Wine Road
Valtellina offers one of the most dramatic vineyard landscapes in the world with tiny terraces perched on impossibly steep slopes. Prestigious reds as Sfurzat, Sassella and Inferno are produced in this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Today we ride through hamlets and cellars before a private wine tasting in our favourite winery. Salute!
04 Passo Gavia
Another famous climb awaits on today’s menu: Passo Gavia, many times stage of epic Giro d’Italia battles. Luckly, our e-bikes cut down the fatigue leaving plenty of breath and energies to admire the rugged beauty of this pristine alpine landscape.
After the ride enjoy a relaxing afternoon exploring the charming village of Bormio or, if the outdoors are still calling, join an easy hike on the Pedemontana trail.
05 Farewell to the mountains
If you wish to bid your farewell to these beautiful mountains, hop on the bike and admire the magical beauty of the sun raising over the Alps. Otherwise relax in our cozy hotel and enjoy a last copious breakfast. It’s time to say goodbye after this incredible cycling vacation. See you soon for your next adventure!
OUR BIKE FOR THE RIDE
Ride further with our Trek Powerfly 7, an highly capable electric bike equipped with high end components.
- On day 1 Vago team will meet you at Tirano train station at 11am. Trains from Milano Centrale depart for Tirano every 2 hours and journey time is 2,5 hours. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any logistic and planning support.
- On the last day the drop off location is Tirano train station. The approximate time for the drop off is 11am, please plan your travel accordingly. At any time do not hesitate to contact us for any logistic and planning support.
PRE and AFTER tour tips
- The main airports to reach and leave the tour are Milan Linate (LIN), Milan Malpensa (MXP) and Bergamo Orio al Serio (BGY). In order to minimize the risk of jet lag and enjoy every moment of your cycling vacation, we suggest to land in Italy at least one day prior to the beginning of your tour. Before or after the tour we suggest to spend some days visiting the city of Milan. Once the tour is booked our Milan tips list will be shared with you.
- 4 nights of accommodation at carefully selected hotels
- Daily meals as outlined in the itinerary
- Snacks and drinks for each day’s ride
- One entrance at Bormio spa
- At least two experienced local guides
- Daily route support with cycling guides and support van
- High end e-bike equipped with flat pack, lights and pedals
- Vago Cycling jersey to keep
- Luggage transfers and transportation during your trip
- Entrance fees for all activities, private tours and events as outlined in the itinerary
What's not included
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Single occupancy supplement (from €350)
- Any optional activity not outlined in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Anything not listed in the “What’s included” section