Available for private groups only
E-BIKE THE ALPS
Mountains have been flattened
Hop on your powerful e-bike and discover the heart of the Italian Alps. Charming hamlets, stunning views and a pristine nature perfectly combine for this unique cycling vacation. Off the bike treat yourself with refined thermal baths, savour hearty alpine delights and toast with the prestigious red wines of the region. An unforgettable adventure is about to start, join the ride!
- Breathtaking mountain views
- The charming village of Bormio
- Relax at elegant Roman baths
- The terraced vineyards of Valtellina
Eat and Drink
- Alpine delicacies. Bresaola, Sciatt, Pizzoccheri
- Local cheese. Bitto, Scimudin, Casera
- Prestigious red wines. Sfursat, Inferno, Sassella
230km / 145mi
5.000m / 16.000ft
AVG DISTANCE PER DAY
40km / 25mi
OUR FAVOURITE DAY
Day by day
01 Welcome to the Alps
Welcome to Bormio, our charming hometown in the heart of the Alps. Settle in your cozy hotel and put yourself at ease. When ready hit the road for the nice ride to Cancano Lakes: a spectacular and pristine glimpse of the Alps. Enjoy the after ride aperitivo and dinner at our favourite local restaurant. It’s just the beginning.
40km / 25mi
800m / 2600ft
02 Stelvio and Relax
Enjoy a copious breakfast and get ready to meet the King of the Alps: Passo dello Stelvio. Thankfully our powerful e-bikes are fully charged and we’ll cruise up the highest paved road in Italy reaching the impressive altitude of 2758m. After the ride swap your shoes for flip-flops and enjoy a relaxing afternoon in the elegant QC Terme Roman baths.
45km / 27mi
1500m / 4900ft
03 To the Mountains
Today’s ride will take us into the most pristine Alpine landscape on panoramic dirt roads and easy trails until we reach the Chalet dei Rododendri, a cosy mountain hut situated at 2400m above the sea level. Enjoy the quiet and the beauty of the mountains and, of course, the delicious food of our friendly host.
50km / 32mi
1000m / 3300ft
04 Off Road
Admire the magical beauty of the sun raising over the Alps and enjoy the crisp air of the morning. After breakfast hop on the e-bike and get ready to ride a spectacular off road loop around the valley. We will be back to our mountain hut in time for a relaxing afternoon and another feast at the dinner table
50km / 32mi
1000m / 3300ft
05 The Wine Road
After a quick shuttle we’ll ride into the Valtellina wine region: one of the most spectacular vineyard landscapes in the world with tiny terraces perched on impossibly steep slopes. Prestigious reds as Sfurzat, Sassella and Inferno are produced in the area and await to be tasted at a private wine tasting in our favourite winery. Salute!
45km / 28mi
750m / 2400ft
Time to say goodbye to your Vago guides. See you soon for your next adventure!
OUR BIKE FOR THE RIDE
Ride further with our Trek Powerfly 7, an highly capable electric bike equipped with high end components.
- On day 1 Vago team will meet you at Tirano train station at 11am. Trains from Milano Centrale depart for Tirano every 2 hours and journey time is 2,5 hours. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any logistic and planning support.
- On the last day the drop off location is Sondrio train station. The approximate time for the drop off is 11am, please plan your travel accordingly. At any time do not hesitate to contact us for any logistic and planning support.
PRE and AFTER tour tips
- The main airports to reach and leave the tour are Milan Linate (LIN), Milan Malpensa (MXP) and Bergamo Orio al Serio (BGY). In order to minimize the risk of jet lag and enjoy every moment of your cycling vacation, we suggest to land in Italy at least one day prior to the beginning of your tour. Before or after the tour we suggest to spend some days visiting the cities of Milan, Bergamo and Como.
- 5 nights of accommodation at carefully selected hotels
- Daily meals as outlined in the itinerary
- Snacks and drinks for each day’s ride
- One entrance at Bormio spa
- At least two experienced local guides
- Daily route support with cycling guides and support van
- High end e-bike equipped with flat pack, lights and pedals
- Luggage transfers and transportation during your trip
- Entrance fees for all activities, private tours and events as outlined in the itinerary
What's not included
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Single occupancy supplement (from €350)
- Any optional activity not outlined in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Anything not listed in the “What’s included” section