Available for private groups only
ABRUZZO E-BIKE ADVENTURE
Discover the green heart of Italy
Hop on your powerful e-bike and discover the wild beauty of Abruzzo, Italy’s best-kept secret. Stunning landscapes, enchanting hamlets and the delicious local cuisine perfectly combine for an unforgettable trip from the sandy Adriatic coast to the top of the mighty Gran Sasso. Let our guides introduce you to this hidden gem and join the ride!
- Campo Imperatore, the Little Tibet
- Medieval hamlets of Pacentro and Calascio
- Hike to the Eremo di San Bartolomeo
- Trabocchi Coast and Punta Aderci beach
Eat and Drink
- Seafood: Brodetto alla vastese, scapece
- Meat and dairy: Arrosticini, Pecorino, Cac e ov
- Fresh pasta: Sagne e ceci, Spaghetti alla chitarra
- Wine: Montepulciano d’ Abruzzo, Trebbiano
200km / 125mi
3.100m / 10.200ft
AVG distance per day
40km / 25mi
Our favourite day
Day by day
01 Welcome to Abruzzo
Time to meet your Vago Cycling guides and begin your adventure with the first glimpse of Abruzzo’s beauty: the “Golden Triangle”, a hilly area renowned for the premium extra virgin olive oil Aprutino Pescarese. In the quiet hills of Loreto Aprutino we will be hosted at Azienda Agricola Chiara Ciavolich for a private wine tasting and a delightful farm to table dinner. Welcome to Abruzzo!
50km / 30mi
800m / 2600ft
Lunch and dinner
02 The little Tibet
Today we’re heading to Campo Imperatore: the remote plateau surrounded by mighty peaks known as “Little Tibet”. After a spectacular ride on dirt roads and panoramic trails we’ll reach the charming hamlet of Santo Stefano di Sessanio. Wander narrow alleys filled with the magical beauty of a world gone by before we enjoy a bountiful dinner at our favourite trattoria.
50km / 30mi
850m / 2800ft
03 The Pacentro Loop
Enjoy an early visit to Rocca Calascio, the highest fort in all of Italy, before we quickly transfer to Pacentro. Here you’ll face a hard choice: linger by the pool in the shadow of the olive trees or going for a spectacular ride into the heart of the Majella National Park? In both cases we’ll see you for a home cooking experience at the dinner table. Buon appetito!
35km / 22mi
700m / 2300ft
04 Hike day
Today we swap the cycling shoes for the hiking ones and we visit the Eremo di San Bartolomeo in Legio, a spectacular Celestinian hermitage built under a rocky ridge and perfectly blended in the mountain side. After the hike, on the way to the elegant Castello di Semivicoli, our lodging for the night, we’ll stop at Birrificio Majella to toast with the best craft beers of Abruzzo. Salute!
5km / 3mi
250m / 900ft
05 The Trabocchi Coast
Rolling through vine-covered hills we’ll finally reach the UNESCO-Heritage Trabocchi Coast, a stretch of sea dotted with unique fishing structures directly suspended above the water. The old railway, converted in a stunning seaside bike path, will lead us to the pristine beach of Punta Aderci for a sunset drink and a dive into the sea. It’s time to wrap-up this great trip with a farewell dinner of seafood delights.
60km / 35mi
750m / 2450ft
Your Vago Cycling guides will shuttle you to Pescara and bid their farewell. What a trip it was; see you soon for your next adventure!
- Masseria del Vino – An elegant farmhouse in the middle of vineyards and olive groves
- Sextantio – A medieval hamlet reconverted into a fascinating Albergo Diffuso
- Rocca Lorenizo – A 1000 AD fortress magistrally restored into a charming agriturismo
- Castello di Semivicoli – An elegant hilltop castle surrounded by vineyards
- Suite 106 – A cozy b&b, few minutes away from the pristine Punta Aderci Natural Reserve
OUR BIKES FOR THE RIDE
Ride further with our Trek Powerfly 7, an highly capable electric bike equipped with high end components.
- On day 1 Vago team will meet you at Pescara train station (or airport). The city can be reached via the Abruzzo International Airport (PSR) or by high speed trains. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any logistic and planning support.
- Drop off point is Pescara train Station (or airport). The station is well linked to the main airports and to the most popular destinations in the area. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any logistic and planning support.
PRE and AFTER tour tips
- The main airports to reach and leave the tour are Rome Fiumicino (FCO) and Pescara International (PSR). In order to minimize the risk of jet lag and enjoy every moment of your cycling vacation, we suggest to land in Italy at least one day prior to the beginning of your tour. Thanks to the central position of Abruzzo the before/after tour possibilities are endless. Beside classic destinations like Rome (2,5h from Pescara) lesser-known gems are the city of Ascoli Piceno, the Gargano National Park or the pristine Tremiti Islands. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any logistic and planning support.
- 5 nights of accommodation at carefully selected hotels
- Daily meals as outlined in the itinerary
- Snacks and drinks for each day’s ride
- At least two experienced local guides
- Daily route support with cycling guides and support van
- High end e-bike equipped with flat pack, lights and pedals
- Luggage transfers and transportation during your trip
- Entrance fees for all activities, private tours and events as outlined in the itinerary
What's not included
- Single occupancy supplement (from €350)
- Any optional activity not outlined in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Anything not listed in the “What’s included” section